CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

"Yeah, here in Kentucky I'm doing fine..."

SO...today was insanely busy! :-) After work I stopped by the Bookrack, a used bookstore here in town, to try and find something that Justin might like to read. I couldn't find a single Tom Clancy but I did find a paperback that looked like it may be something similar. I hope...lol. I tried and it's like Ashley said, I'm sure he'll be so glad to have something to read that it won't really matter too much. I bought two romance novels for myself...they're my guilty pleasure. I love to read but sometimes I just want something that doesn't require too many brain cells to figure out. Plus, I'm a hopeless romantic and a sucker for a happy ending. :-)
When I got home, it was time to get to work. We'd unloaded a bunch of furniture yesterday and it was time to get things situated today. Mitch and I put up my new bed, then moved on to assembling his new queen sized bed. It didn't take too long and we had it done before mom got home.
I've stuck to my diet today, but it hasn't been easy. I was pretty bad over the weekend, but I'm determined to get a handle on it this week. Between all the new restaurants opening in town and the fellowship meal at church, I just didn't even want to follow Atkins. Like I said though, I'm back on the wagon as of this morning.
My shirt came in today, too! When I opened it up I thought there was no way I would fit into it, but I guess it was bigger than it looked. lol It's Caribbean blue and in hot pink says, "My soldier is hotter than yours." I really think Justin will get a kick out of it when he sees it and I'm proud to wear it. :-) I may be a little bit biased but I think the statement is completely true!
All in all, today was a really good day. I feel better than I have in a week or two, maybe even longer. We're getting really close to the halfway mark and things seem to be getting easier now that BCT is almost over. It's strange. I would definitely expect him to say things are easier because basic is supposed to be the hard part, but it's gotten better for me, too. Maybe part of it is the fact that we have the first part under our belt or maybe it's the fact that I know he's made it through the first half of this and is still loving it. I was so worried that he wouldn't really like it once he got on base, but he LOVES it and I couldn't be any happier! :-) Big sigh...I'm happy and going to bed! Night...

0 comments: