CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dixieland Delight...

I'm feeling mellow tonight. I'm normally a pretty laid back person and tonight has made me realize just how keyed up I've been for the last 2 months. I stopped my car on the way home and sat there in the middle of nowhere, looking out my sunroof at the stars. The weather is absolutely perfect and I love to be outside on spring and summer nights, just taking things in. I'm a simple, small town, Southern country girl and it doesn't take much to make me happy. Friends and a bonfire, or a quilt and a porch swing, it doesn't really matter to me. I don't have to go out every night or be wined and dined. Gretchin and I went and walked tonight, now that she's made it through finals week and we were talking about life in general. She's so determined to graduate and open her daycare. It's what she's wanted since she was little and it's her priority. Her career is what motivates her. She's planning things around graduation and doesn't want to get married before she has that worked out. I admire her for that, but don't feel the same way. To me, every job I have will be just that... a job. I can't help but feel that my career will be my family, being a wife and mom someday. I love to be busy and couldn't handle not having a job, but after I have kids, I want to stay home with them. At least until they go to school. Then I can go back to work and use my degree but no job will ever be as important as my job as wife and mother. I feel like my kids will be the most important thing I'll ever do. If you screw that up, then that's it. You only get one chance to mold and shape a life and if you don't pay enough attention or give it your all, where does that leave you? I won't live forever, but after I'm gone my children will still be here and I want to leave the right kind of legacy behind.
Anyways...that's just something that's been rattling around in my head for a few days now. :-) On to more trivial things. Like I said, Gretch and I went walking tonight. It was great! I hadn't seen her in a week and she said that I look slimmer. I wanted to kiss her! lol I've really been working at it and I can tell some slight differences. Mostly I just feel better...more confident.
I took my brother and sister out to eat tonight and it was definitely interesting! My little brother is one of the funniest people I know. He can imitate just about anyone and is an all-around ham. He had me laughing so hard I was choking. The kid is hilarious!
I had a dream last night that Justin had gotten home from basic and it was the most realistic dream I've ever had. I woke up fully expecting him to be there...which kinda sucked when I realized he wasn't there. Oh well...we're doing good. 78 more days til graduation! :-) Not that I'm counting or anything. lol I know I'm likely to be a wreck when we actually get there but I absolutely can not wait!

0 comments: